We value extraordinary service to donors and the joy and good that comes with charitable giving. As the community’s foundation, we are committed to promoting equity and inclusion throughout the region we serve, and it is our obligation to model diversity and focus the community conversation on racial equity.
We have an opening on our donor services team for someone who values communication and teamwork and possesses a high level of flexibility, self-motivation and attention to detail.
This person must be able to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines with a high degree of urgency, and operate independently and collaboratively in a manner consistent with the mission and philosophy of the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation.
- Primary back-up for the receptionist to cover those primary responsibilities during lunches and days off.
- Daily processing of grants, due diligence and outgoing mail.
- Assist with updating and maintaining data integrity.
- Provide clerical and administrative support.
- Other duties as assigned and/or deemed necessary.
- Ability to stay motivated doing repetitive, and/or individualized, tasks with a high level of attention to detail and efficiently work with minimal errors.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carrying out instructions and seek clarification when necessary.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos provided verbally or in writing.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and emails.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to donors, clients and coworkers.
- Ability to double check numbers by adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with occasional variables.
Education and Experience:
At least five years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to regularly complete tasks at a computer terminal while sitting for long periods of time. Required to communicate and interpret detailed information orally. May exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Employee is required to have visual acuity to properly prepare and analyze assigned work. Typical indoor office environment with moderate noise level, frequent interruptions and fast work pace.