This position will assist the finance and accounting teams with administrative tasks, including filing and kitchen maintenance.
This person must be agile, kind and efficient, and operate independently and collaboratively in a manner consistent with the vision and values of the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation.
- Assist finance with administrative projects and data integrity.
- Maintain the paper and electronic filing of organizational documentation with great attention to detail.
- Monthly check registers and storing at American Micro.
- Scan journal entries into SharePoint and then sort into the correct database
- Annually prepare 1st and 3rd floor files for new fiscal year.
- Label and sort off-site archived files according to retention policy.
- Coordinate off-site storage and tracking with facilities.
- Prepare documentation for the UPS bill and submit in SharePoint for approval
- Organize all Blackbaud invoicing for affiliates’ (monthly, quarterly and annual) and notify NPP accountant.
- Print and mail quarterly reports.
- Distribute mail between floors once a day, adhering to outgoing mail timelines.
- Coordinate courier pick-ups for 3rd floor.
- Maintain 3rd floor kitchen throughout day and unload/run dishwasher(s) as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned and or deemed necessary.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Exhibit extreme attention to detail.
- Reliable with commitment to meet deadlines.
- Ability to apply basic math principles.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, multitask and apply commonsense understanding to carry-out multiple-step instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to interpret detail and solve problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Education and Experience:
Comparable, professional experience in supporting finance/accounting teams or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to regularly complete tasks at a computer terminal while sitting for long periods of time. Required to communicate and interpret detailed information orally. Employee is required to have visual acuity to properly prepare and analyze assigned work. Typical indoor office environment with moderate noise level, frequent interruptions and fast work pace.