Business Manager Job Description
The Business Manager will manage the Chorus office, operations, data and information, customer service, financials and support the Executive Director. This position will report directly to the Executive Director for the Heartland Men’s Chorus Kansas City.
- Manage Chorus files, paper and electronic systems, including their security, back-up and disposal
- Manage calendar/schedule for the Chorus and Staff, including timelines and deadlines
- Manage Chorus financials and support the Executive Director and Treasurer on finance and budget needs for the Chorus
- Create and distribute correspondence from the Chorus, for/from the Executive Director and other staff
- Supervise the check-in and check-out of singers, patrons and others during events, including pre and post event
- Manage operations, while serving as a liaison between staff, Chorus and volunteers and patrons at concerts and events
- Attend all chorus rehearsals and concerts, unless excused
- Manage merchandise sales, including in-person, mail and other ways including the internet
- Archive management of music and Chorus items such as programs, marketing items, etc. as directed
- Assist the Executive Director with donor relations and maintaining sponsor contracts
- Assist the Executive Director with development initiatives as directed
- Strong technical/computer skills including Microsoft Office- Word, PowerPoint, Excel, database experience, Quick Books, and Google Docs
- Excellent interpersonal skills to serve as the first point of contact for incoming phone calls, general email inquiries, office visitors, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and programs including Box Office point of sale, Chorus Connection, the organization’s CRM, website, etc.
- Ability to handle all accounts payable and receivable transactions for the Chorus
- Working knowledge of accounting principles including an accounting system
- Knowledge of box office sales at concerts, performances and/or events, including online sales
- Exceptional attention to detail and be highly organized.
- Is self-motivated, able to work without direct supervision, is an active participant for change management
- A strong commitment to the HMCKC Vision and Mission Statements and have the ability to speak for and in support of the organization.
- Office management experience or previous work in a nonprofit organization
- Knowledge of licensing/copyright regulations
- Proof-reading and copy-editing experience
- Budget preparation and forecasting experience
- Bookkeeping and payroll management
- Fundraising and event planning experience
This is a full-time salary position, with frequent evening and weekend commitments. The Business Manager cannot be a singer in the Chorus. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Benefits include 3 weeks of vacation per year, paid holidays, healthcare assistance, and cell phone assistance.
The Heartland Men’s Chorus Kansas City has an unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion, with the aim that all of our people have a full sense of belonging within our organization.
HMCKC is a proud equal opportunity employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientations.
Please send cover letter and resume to Dudley Hogue, at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of business, May 20, 2022 to apply for the Business Manager position at the Heartland Men's Chorus Kansas City. No phone calls, please. Job description may also be found at hmckc.org/about/employment.