Lead Bank is not your traditional community bank. Our out-of-the-box thinking, strategy, open-concept locations, and non-traditional way of banking are just the start of our uniqueness. We have been a fixture in the Kansas City community since 1928, offering a comprehensive list of financial services including business banking, personal banking, and banking as a service.
We are looking for a Branch Banker to join our Deposit team! The Branch Banker position is one of the most important client support roles at Lead Bank. Branch Bankers are the faces of our organization and work alongside our clients to help them achieve their financial goals. Our team of Bankers work in a fast-paced environment where they multitask and prioritize their work using their discretion. We intentionally created a non-traditional banking atmosphere that allows each client to have a personalized, immersive experience.
Our Branch Bankers develop fluency with Lead’s suite of personal and business financial products. Whether in branch or through our online platform, Branch Bankers generate new business and support existing clients. Our relationship-building approach removes any sales pressure, allowing our bankers to focus on what’s most important to us: meeting the needs of our clients.
Interdepartmental collaboration has allowed Branch Bankers to learn and find new passions. A majority of our Branch Bankers remain on the Lead Bank team and have since grown their careers in other areas of the Bank, including Accounting, Lending, and Management.
To thrive in this role, you must:
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, multitasking when required while also showing great attention to detail
- Bring excellent client care skills that will help you build professional relationships and curate interactions based on client motivations
- Show curiosity, show humility, be open to new ideas and approach your work with a growth mindset
- Are a team player and enjoy working with people to achieve the best and most efficient result
- Show a strong accountability and group responsibility for the customers we serve, taking on and performing tasks
In this role you will:
- Open new personal and business accounts and associated products
- Complete online banking enrollment and check orders on client’s behalf
- Issue debit and credit cards; troubleshoot denials; initiate fraud claims
- Process funds transfers (internal, ACH, wire)
- Troubleshoot and resolve online banking issues clients may experience
- Verify personal and business identification documents (CIP/KYC) and archive paperwork
- Process new online account applications
- Provide a seamless digital client experience through live chats, emailed requests, and website form inquiries
- Provide ongoing client support to further business or enhance client account productivity
- Become a Lead Bank product knowledge expert. Educate clients and new hires on specifics of our financial service offerings
- Utilize CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bank Teller experience is preferred, but not required
- Excellent client service skills
- Embody the growth mindset and bring a self-driven and self-starter mentality to your work
- Brings communication skills that help you understand client needs
- Thrives in social situations
- Able to complete assigned tasks to perform duties required
What we offer
- Competitive compensation based on experience, geographic location, and role
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k matching, and Disability benefits
- Flexible vacation policy, plus three mental health days and your birthday off
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in banking and fintech
- A fun team-oriented environment where your career will be supported
- Dress For Your Day dress code
*Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am to 6:30pm Saturday (Rotating Schedule) 8:30am-12:30pm
*Lead Bank is proud to have an inclusive culture committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.