It’s easy to love your job when you’re surrounded by driven, passionate leaders. We show up every day and give it our all; not because we have to, but because we want to. Our associates work in an interactive, team-based environment, where all opinions are respected and individual efforts significantly contribute to the success of the company. We believe the confidence and fulfillment that comes from being valued and appreciated makes us even more successful at our construction jobs. We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business!
Works on construction projects performing general laborer tasks such as demolition, loading/unloading, digging, and clean-up to aid daily operations at a construction site. The duties and responsibilities of a laborer are geared toward maintaining a clean, safe, and efficient construction site while supporting the overall project.
• Maintains all safety standards.
• Moves, secures, loads, and unloads construction materials. Material storage, handling, and management.
• Final clean of project prior to owner turnover.
• Demos existing construction to make way for new construction.
• Pumps water and snow removal following weather events on construction site.
• Installs and maintains temporary weather precaution measures.
• Performs some specialized tasks which may require on the job training or certification for, scaffold, skid steers, street sweepers and forklifts.
• Cleans and prepares construction site to eliminate possible hazards.
• Controls traffic in and around work zones.
• Operates hand and power tools, as needed.
• Operates and tends to small machinery, as needed.
• Identifies and reports or corrects potential hazards associated with task assignments to maintain a safe work area.
• Loads and unloads materials up to 100 pounds.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (requirements before going into job)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, or capable of learning, each primary responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Familiarity with field concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Ability to perform construction activities, including usage of various power tools and small machinery.
• Good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
• Ability to working safely on projects.
• Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to pass background check, drug screen, physical capacity profile, and E-Verify.
• Reliable transportation method to get to and from work.
• OSHA 10-hour Certification
• Applicable certifications, such as Lift Operation, Scaffold, etc.
• First Aid/CPR Trained
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the primary responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The associate is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop or kneel.
• The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the primary responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works in outside weather conditions. The associate frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The associate occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: This job description reflects a summary of the job and does not prescribe or restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned. The job description is subject to change at any time.