Job Status: Part Time (.65 FTE, 7:45 – 1:15 daily, Benefits Eligible)
Reports to: Division Head
Schedule: School year
Other duties: attendance on teacher in service days; summer professional development days
The instructional support faculty member is a valuable part of the St. Paul’s teaching team. He or she provides support as needed for teachers and students in grades toddler – kindergarten.
Major tasks & duties
· Serve as an ECC teacher substitute for planned and last-minute absences.
· Support ECC teachers, including providing coverage for breaks and helping in the classroom, as needed.
· Work individually with ECC students, both in and out of the classroom, as needed.
· Assist with daily ECC routines, such as drop-off, lunch, and pick-up.
· Clearly and timely communicate with colleagues and parents both in writing and face to face as needed.
· Teach chapel lessons and integrate life skills into the curriculum. Be an active participant and role model during all chapels.
- Work collaboratively to achieve the mission of the school.
- Set an example of intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, life-skills, self-motivation and self-discipline.
- Model competence, personal responsibility and respect for others in every aspect of the job.
- Meet regular and predictable attendance requirements, including attending division and all school meetings, division and all school chapels, professional work days, and admissions-related events.
- Act as an ambassador for the school by attending school-wide events and supporting the school community outside of the classroom whether it’s at special events, sporting events, or in other venues.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field.