The K-4th grade art teacher is a valuable part of the St. Paul’s teaching team. This teacher is responsible for all aspects of the lower division art program as well as teaching regular STEAM and Makerspace classes. The teacher also works closely with the grade level teachers to incorporate art into the broader curriculum.
Major tasks & duties
· Plan and deliver developmentally appropriate lessons and activities for kindergarten through 4th grade students.
· Partner with other art teacher to present annual school-wide Art Fair.
· Be an active participant and role model during all chapels and teach approximately 12 chapel lessons a year.
· Clearly and timely communicate with colleagues and parents both in writing and face to face as needed.
· Conduct parent/teacher conferences and be available to meet with parents as needed.
· Update the current LMS with ongoing projects and assignments for parent access.
· Complete grade cards and comments.
· Order and maintain appropriate supplies and materials and work within provided budget.
· Work collaboratively to achieve the mission of the school.
· Set an example of intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, life-skills, self-motivation and self-discipline.
· Model competence, personal responsibility and respect for others in every aspect of the job.
· Meet regular and predictable attendance requirements, including attending division and all school meetings, divisional and All School chapels, professional work days, and admissions related events.
· Act as an ambassador for the school by attending school-wide events and supporting the school community outside of the classroom whether it’s at arts performances, athletic events, or other activities.