Responsible as the first responder for all general maintenance request on weekends. Responsible for daily work orders issued and support the campus events with any facilities needs in areas such as HVAC, electrical wiring, and plumbing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide assistance as assigned to other personnel as needed for the completion of work orders and demands on department staff.
- Available to work various hours and on-call rotation as needed to meet departmental needs.
- Responsible to diagnose, repair and install all maintenance work orders.
- Demonstrate customers service attitude with each department interaction and work order requests
- Perform electrical preventive maintenance throughout campus. (Generator, Battery backup for switches, electrical panels, etc.).
- Perform work as required for electrical rough and finishes regarding Unitys campus projects
- Adhere to all company and departmental policies and procedures per the guidebook including all safety requirements including all safety guidelines.
- Utilize electronic time management system to input time, attendance and paid off request.
- Ability to work successfully with limited supervision
- Sustaining and reliable attendance at the worksite and adhere to assigned work schedule. this position is not remote nor offers telework.
- Snow removal as required. This may require weekends.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Follow a preventative maintenance schedule, as assigned by Manager.
- Aid as assigned to other personnel in other trades as needed for the completion of work orders and demands on department staff.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred but not required.
- Valid Driver's license
- Minimum of two (2) years of vocational or technical school or (3) years employment with a commercial electrical, HVAC, or plumbing company.
- Three years current experience in commercial and residential maintenance of a multi-complex or campus-like setting including but not limited to HVAC, electrical wiring, and plumbing.
- Demonstrated ability with written and verbal communication skills required to accurately follow verbal and written instructions and work order requests.
- Proven work ethic and personal integrity to perform until each task is completed to inspection standards.
- Demonstrated safety experience and follow OSHA rules in Unity's working environment.
- Basic end user of computer keyboard and able to accurately enter data in electronic time management system.
Certificates & Licenses:
- Valid Driver's license this position requires operating a company vehicle or personal vehicle for company use.
O: Occasionally Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (02.5+ hrs/day)
F: Frequently Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (02.5-5.5+hrs/day)
C: Constantly Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
C Inside Work
O Outside Work
C Use of Hands/Fingers
F Climb - Stairs/Ladders
C Lifting: Up to 80 lbs. individually and 100 Max lbs. jointly O Traveling
O Exposure to Hazards
O Exposure to Temperatures
O Operate Equipment/Company Vehicles
O Operate Computers
C (List Equipment Type):
C Other (explain): Steel toe shoe/boot, gloves, goggles, Vacuums, some floor care equipment, cleaning chemicals, small hand tools
Work Environment: Inside/Outside Campus Environment
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.