Position Summary: Responsible to install, maintain, and repair Boiler/Chiller plant, plumbing, HVAC, and residential and commercial utility distribution systems to include Electric/Gas/Water. Responsible for Preventive Maintenance program within assigned areas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including all safety guidelines, including compliance with regulations regarding the handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Install, maintain, and repair residential and commercial plumbing and HVAC equipment consistent with plumbing and electrical codes.
- Operate and interact with other departments, on-ground residents, guests, and employees to coordinate work orders and repairs.
- Prioritize and meet all work order requests in a timely and effective manner.
- Recognize and report hazardous conditions requiring immediate action.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- In conjunction with the Supervisor and Manager, estimate and give recommendations on all building systems for repair costs and projects.
- Provide assistance as assigned to other personnel as needed for the completion of work orders and demands on department staff.
- Demonstrate customers service attitude with each department interaction and work order requests.
- Available to meet after hours/weekends and on-call rotation responsibilities to meet the demands of Maintenance department.
- Ownership of Preventative Maintenance program associated within assigned area.
- Strong knowledge of BAS/EMS (Building Automation Systems/Energy Management Systems) preferred. Metasys and automated Logic.
- Snow Removal, as required.
Education: Vocational or technical school graduate in heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration, strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with all levels within the organization.
- Operate effectively after hours and on weekends/holidays, including on-call responsibilities.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate self-motivation.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Industrial maintenance trade (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing). Repair/replacement of pumps/motors/HVAC equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot diagnosis and identify the correct and most cost-effective solutions.
Computer Skills: Minimum basic end user of a keyboard, capable of data entry/inputting information in the electronic time management system.
Certificates & Licenses: Current Refrigeration Transition and Recovery Universal Certification covering Type 1, Type II, and Type III equipment. Boiler and/or Chiller certification preferred. Valid Driver’s License. Commercial/Industrial plumbing/HVAC experience, preferred.
- Job-Specific Knowledge and Skills: Able to apply specified knowledge, skills and experience to accomplish department and individual goals.
- Quality: Able to provide high quality service while consistently seeking ways to improve outcome and enhance customer service.
- Values: Able to demonstrate commitment to the Unity core values.
N/A Not Applicable Activity - Not applicable to this occupation
O Occasionally Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (02.5+ hrs/day)
F Frequently Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (02.5-5.5+hrs/day)
C Constantly Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
C Inside Work
C Outside Work
O Excessive Noise/Decibels .
C Use of Hands/Fingers
F Climb - Stairs/Ladders
C Lifting 50 Max lbs. individually and 80 Max. lbs. jointly
O Traveling outside campus
F Carry 50 Max lbs.
F Reach: Overhead and Forward
F Exposure to Hazards Type: Freon
C Read/See: Schematics, drawings, and gauges
N/A Push/Pull Equipment
C Exposure to Temperatures
F Talk/Communicate: Warnings in hazard areas
Hear: Verbal warnings and voice pages
O Taste/Smell: Identify hazard conditions by scent
C Operate Equipment/Company Vehicles
Equipment: Trucks, loaders, trencher, forklift, air compressor/jack hammer, power, and hand tools
O Operate Computers
C Personal Protection Equipment: steel toe safety shoes, hardhat, gloves, safety glasses, and lumbar support
Work Environment: Inside/Outside Work Environment. 1400 Acre Campus Setting