Position Summary: Responsible for first responder for all general carpentry maintenance requests. Responsible for daily work orders issued within assigned area.
Experience: Minimum 3 years current experience in carpentry regarding commercial/residential buildings. Carpentry skills required as follows: layout, concrete form work, wood and metal studs framing, sheetrock, metal frame, doors and hardware installation, window installation, and finish trim work. Additional background in concrete finish work and taping and finishing sheetrock preferred but not required. Operate as an assistant to other maintenance trades in Unity’s other departments as needed. Operate effectively after hours and on weekends/holidays, including on-call responsibilities. Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate self-motivation.
Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Essential Job Functions:
- Regular Attendance.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including all safety guidelines.
- Utilize electronic time management system to input time and attendance for self.
- Ability to perform minor repair/replacement of Plumbing/Electrical/HVAC equipment.
- Complete all work orders in an accurate, efficient and professional manor.
- Snow Removal as required.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Provide assistance as assigned to other personnel as needed for the completion of work orders and demands on department staff.
- Available to work various hours and on-call rotation as needed to meet departmental needs.
- Demonstrate customers service attitude with each department interaction and work order requests.
Computer Skills: Minimum basic end user of a keyboard, capable of data entry/ inputting information in the electronic time management system.
Certifications & Licenses: Valid Driver’s License
Job-Specific Knowledge and Skills: Able to acquire and apply knowledge, skills and experience to accomplish results.
Accountability: Able to demonstrate commitment to the position and accepts responsibility for personal actions.
Values: Able to demonstrate the core values of Unity which are Trust, Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Honesty.
Not Applicable Activity - Not applicable to this occupation
Occasionally Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (02.5+ hrs/day)
Frequently Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (02.5-5.5+hrs/day)
Constantly Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
F Inside Work
O Excessive Noise
C Use of Hands/Fingers
F Lifting: 20 min. lbs and
50 max. lbs. individually
F Exposure to Hazards
F Exposure to Temperatures
O Operate Computers
F Outside Work
F Climb – Stairs/Ladders
C Operate Equipment/Company Vehicles
Equipment type: Bucket truck, Digger derrick, Water
Treatment Plant test equipment/motors/pumps
Power Tools, Electrical materials
C Personal Protective Equipment: Steel toe safety shoes
Safety Glasses, Hard Hats, Work gloves, Respirator
F Other Personal Protective Equipment: Electrical
flash hazard gloves, mask, vest, rubber mat
and custom fitting safety fall harness.
Work Environment: Inside/Outside Work Environment, 1400 Acre Campus Setting