Position Summary: Responsible to install, maintain, and repair Boiler/Chiller plant, plumbing, HVAC, and residential and commercial utility distribution systems to include Electric/Gas/Water. Responsible for Preventive Maintenance program within assigned areas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including all safety guidelines, including compliance with regulations regarding the handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Install, maintain, and repair residential and commercial plumbing and HVAC equipment consistent with plumbing and electrical codes.
- Operate and interact with other departments, on-ground residents, guests, and employees to coordinate work orders and repairs.
- Prioritize and meet all work order requests in a timely and effective manner.
- Recognize and report hazardous conditions requiring immediate action.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- In conjunction with the Supervisor and Manager, estimate and give recommendations on all building systems for repair costs and projects.
- Provide assistance as assigned to other personnel as needed for the completion of work orders and demands on department staff.
- Demonstrate customers service attitude with each department interaction and work order requests.
- Available to meet after hours/weekends and on-call rotation responsibilities to meet the demands of Maintenance department.
- Ownership of Preventative Maintenance program associated within assigned area.
- Strong knowledge of BAS/EMS (Building Automation Systems/Energy Management Systems) preferred. Metasys and automated Logic.
- Snow Removal, as required.
Education: Vocational or technical school graduate in heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration, strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with all levels within the organization.
- Operate effectively after hours and on weekends/holidays, including on-call responsibilities.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate self-motivation.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Industrial maintenance trade (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing). Repair/replacement of pumps/motors/HVAC equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot diagnosis and identify the correct and most cost-effective solutions.
Computer Skills: Minimum basic end user of a keyboard, capable of data entry/inputting information in the electronic time management system.
Certificates & Licenses: Current Refrigeration Transition and Recovery Universal Certification covering Type 1, Type II, and Type III equipment. Boiler and/or Chiller certification preferred. Valid Driver’s License. Commercial/Industrial plumbing/HVAC experience, preferred.
- Job-Specific Knowledge and Skills: Able to apply specified knowledge, skills and experience to accomplish department and individual goals.
- Quality: Able to provide high quality service while consistently seeking ways to improve outcome and enhance customer service.
- Values: Able to demonstrate commitment to the Unity core values.
N/A Not Applicable Activity - Not applicable to this occupation
O Occasionally Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (02.5+ hrs/day)
F Frequently Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (02.5-5.5+hrs/day)
C Constantly Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
C Inside Work
C Outside Work
O Excessive Noise/Decibels .
C Use of Hands/Fingers
F Climb - Stairs/Ladders
C Lifting 50 Max lbs. individually and 80 Max. lbs. jointly
O Traveling outside campus
F Carry 50 Max lbs.
F Reach: Overhead and Forward
F Exposure to Hazards Type: Freon
C Read/See: Schematics, drawings, and gauges
N/A Push/Pull Equipment
C Exposure to Temperatures
F Talk/Communicate: Warnings in hazard areas
Hear: Verbal warnings and voice pages
O Taste/Smell: Identify hazard conditions by scent
C Operate Equipment/Company Vehicles
Equipment: Trucks, loaders, trencher, forklift, air compressor/jack hammer, power, and hand tools
O Operate Computers
C Personal Protection Equipment: steel toe safety shoes, hardhat, gloves, safety glasses, and lumbar support
Work Environment: Inside/Outside Work Environment. 1400 Acre Campus Setting
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions, duties, and physical requirements have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and duties may be assigned by supervisors, as deemed appropriate.