Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City Crittenton Children’s Center in South Kansas City, MO is seeking a Behavioral Health Tech to assist in providing a safe and therapeutic milieu environment in compliance with agency policies and procedures. As a member of our team, you will play a critical role in improving the lives of children, adolescents, and their families.
WWP Shift Details: This is a part-time day or night position, 24 hours per week with a pay rate of 1 1/2 the employee's base rate for hours worked during the weekend not exceeding 40 hours.
- An employee accepted into the program is scheduled to work a total of two 12 hour shifts between 1900 on Friday night and 0700 on Monday morning. One shift must include Saturday.
- Employee will choose a consistent set of weekend hours. Hours available are: Day Shift 0700-1930 or Mid Shift 0930 - 2200 or Night Shift 1900 - 0730
- An employee accepted into the WWP must work a minimum of 49 weekends per year
- A participant in the WWP will be compensated at the pay rate of 1 1/2 the employee's base rate for hours worked during the weekend not exceeding 40 hours.
- Responsible for direct supervision of assigned children during work shift to maintain patient safety in collaboration with the nurses, therapists, and physicians
- Observes, reports, and records, patient behaviors under the supervision of RN
- Implements the behavioral interventions described in the child’s treatment plan
- Conducts educational and treatment focused groups with patients as appropriate with training and supervision
- May be trained as CMT to administer meds to long term residential population.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be interested and invested in caring for the emotional health of Children. You will need to be caring and compassionate. Crittenton Children's Center is the Kansas City area's premier provider of psychiatric care for children, adolescents and their families. We offer one of the area's most comprehensive behavioral health care programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with children required. Work experience, educational experience or volunteer experience acceptable. A bachelor’s degree in a related field will substitute for experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- MUST BE 21 YEARS OLD TO APPLY
- First Aid (will train)
- Basic Life Support (will train)
- MANDT Certified (will train)
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare or therapy related field
- Certification/Licensure in related healthcare or therapy field. Examples: EMT, Paramedic, LPN, or CNA
- Experience as a Behavioral Health Tech or in a related field. Examples: education, therapy tech, or healthcare.