Saint Luke’s Crittenton Children’s Center in South Kansas City, MO is seeking a part-time, well-rounded, passionate, responsible, and reliable Expressive Therapist to join our dynamic multi-disciplinary team of therapists. You will have the exciting and rewarding opportunity to improve the lives of children and teens. The Expressive Therapist must be flexible, organized, detail oriented, dependable, independent, creative, have excellent communication and documentation skills, willing to learn, have solid art skills, professional, and ready to work as a team player.
Shift Details: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Occasional need for flexibility.
The Expressive Therapist will implement trauma-informed and therapeutic activities to enhance the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of our children receiving residential and hospital services.
- This position is responsible for creating and implementing therapeutic modalities that are consistent with the treatment needs of children and adolescents.
- This position will serve clients in individual and group settings.
- Will collaborate with the multi-disciplinary treatment team throughout all programs.
- Completes assessments, documents behavior and progress in EPIC (electronic medical record).
- Must be flexible with co-leading various therapy groups and activities (music, recreation & social events)
- Establishes therapeutic relationships with clients to facilitate the treatment process while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Must have knowledge of specific age-appropriate mental health care needs of children and adolescent patients.
- Must have the ability to intervene effectively in crisis situations.
- Must be Mandt certified (will train).
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- MUST BE 21 YEARS OLD TO APPLY
- Basic Life Support (will train)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs