Saint Luke’s Community Hospitals in Kansas are seeking a Registered Inpatient Nurse to join our team. As a RN on this team, you will have the opportunity to provide total patient care and head to toe assessments to patients with various medical conditions and treatment plans in a small collaborative environment. Our Community Hospital model will provide you more time to provide patient education and build a relationship with your patients. This team assists on the ER side with stabilization of patients and basic patient care when applicable or needed.
Full Time Night
• Appropriately triages patients and prioritizes needs
• Provides basic bedside care and administers treatments under the direct supervision of the physician, anticipating patient needs and responding accordingly
• Initiates care to stabilize patient and assist in managing life support needs by collaborating with physician and clinical staff, demonstrating appropriate admission, discharge and transfer procedures
• Accurately and concisely documents services provided within the medical record in a thorough, timely manner
• Consults and coordinates with medical team to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
• Prepare, administer and record prescribed medications according to the 5 Rights of Medication Administration
• Collects laboratory samples and perform lab testing in accordance with COLA and CLIA regulations and established policies and procedures
• Demonstrates ability to perform laboratory Quality Controls and Assessments, and routine daily, weekly, monthly and periodic maintenance and function according to Laboratory Policy and Procedure
• Prepares patient meals, cleans the environment and assures a healthy workplace
• Ensures proper supplies, appropriate medical equipment and medications are available for patient care and PAR levels meet facility needs
• Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
We are seeking patient centered, self-driven, motivated nurses who are committed to providing exceptional patient care. To be successful, you will need to be able to work in a team atmosphere as well as autonomously. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, task oriented, resourceful, and possess strong communication skills.
Why Saint Luke’s?
• Our leadership supports nurse engagement and allows their voices to be heard.
• We value our nurses’ knowledge, experience, and expertise to improve patient outcomes and quality care.
• The opportunity to make an impact on their unit, hospital, health system, and the healthcare industry.
• Strong nurse governance and we encourage all of our RNs to participate
• Various CEU, Continuing Education, Leadership and other career training available
• Career Advancement Program dedicated to RNs.