Saint Luke’s Bishop Spencer Place has an extremely rewarding career opportunity for a full-time Manger of Facilities on its campus in Kansas City, Missouri. The Manager of Facilities responsible for all aspects of plant operations, maintenance, construction, and grounds keeping for the campus and manages the maintenance, environmental services, and transportation departments. The Director of Facilities is a member of the leadership team and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Oversees, plans, schedules, and manages all construction projects and renovations.
- Plans and forecasts capital expenditures and develops and maintains budgets.
- Oversees the evaluation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of the structural and mechanical components the campus. Establishes and monitors the preventive maintenance program.
- Interviews, hires, and trains staff; plans, assigns, and directs work; completes performance appraisals and addresses performance issues.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and local laws and regulations. Responsible for development and implementation of the Life Safety Program. Conducts regular inspections of all Life Safety Equipment. Participates in community surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies.
- Contracts work with outside vendors. Develops scope of work documents, obtains competitive bids, and supervises work for all contractors.
- Develops and maintains written maintenance policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all Bishop Spencer Place policies and procedures and the Code of Conduct.
- Keeps records of work performed and costs involved. Prepares and submits reports as needed.
- Maintains a computerized maintenance management system.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to optimize effectiveness
- Coordinates the services of the maintenance, environmental services, security, and transportation departments with other related departments (i.e., nursing, dining services, activities, etc.)
- Serves on various committees of the community as required and appointed by the CEO. (QA, Safety, etc.)
- Ensures that department personnel follow established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree and at least five years of related experience.