HMC is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our Operating Room team. You will assist with various procedures including but not limited to; General Surgery, Orthopedics, ENT, OB/GYN, Urology, Ophthalmology and GI lab. You will perform as the circulating nurse and will have the opportunity to scrub if needed.
This position will provide you with a lot of variety in your day-to-day work. You will be working with the Operating Room team at Hedrick Medical Center in Chillicothe, MO and Wright Memorial Hospital in Trenton, MO.
This is a high performing diverse team with various backgrounds and experience levels. This team is supported by engaged leadership and physicians. This multi-disciplinary team works together to achieve a common goal of providing excellent patient care.
This position offers a call rotation schedule which includes evenings, nights and weekends. The call responsibility includes a 30 minute response time to Hedrick Medical Center.
- Utilizes the nursing process
- Performs patient care, delegating patient care tasks and for supervision of other patient care staff
- Coordinates the plan of care for a group of assigned patients and consulting with other members of the health care team when indicated to ensure optimal patient outcomes
- Demonstrates proficiency and abides by policies, rules, guidelines and procedures
We are seeking confident nurses who are able to change directions quickly, performs well in fast-paced demanding environments, and able to work autonomously. This is a great opportunity to expand your skills. To be successful, you will need to be eager to learn and willing to go above and beyond in your position.
Why Saint Luke’s?
- Our leadership supports nurse engagement and allows their voices to be heard.
- We value our nurses’ knowledge, experience, and expertise to improve patient outcomes and quality care.
- The opportunity to make an impact on their unit, hospital, health system, and the healthcare industry.
- Strong nurse governance and we encourage all of our RNs to participate
- Various CEU, Continuing Education, Leadership and other career training available
- Career Advancement Program dedicated to RNs.
- Saint Luke’s offers competitive salaries and benefits packages to all eligible of their employees, click here to find out more.
Job RequirementsApplicable Experience:
Less than 1 year
Advanced Cardiac Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross, Pediatric Advanced Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross, Registered Nurse (MO) - National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NURSYS)
The best place to get care. The best place to give care. Saint Luke’s 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Our employees are proud to work for the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke’s means joining a team of exceptional professionals who strive for excellence in patient care. Do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive workspace where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for all Saint Luke’s Health System employees unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.