Anderson County Hospital, part of the Saint Luke’s Health System, is hiring for a Paramedic. We are the only ambulance service for all of Anderson County. This role offers the opportunity to have a variety of responsibilities and allows you to use all of your skills. The Paramedic position works inside of the Emergency Room performing advanced life support, IV starts, assist with cardiac arrest patients and provides EMS services to the county. This position is also responsible for patient transfers to and from other facilities and assists with hospital security.
This position will work two 24 hour shifts and one 12 hour on call shift per week.
- Provide advanced ALS skills often under arduous circumstances in the prehospital environment.
- Provide critical care transportation to appropriate healthcare facilities.
- Responsible for triage to efficiently assess and prioritize patients according to acuity of their condition to provide emergency care including a variety of invasive and noninvasive procedures and any procedures as may be deemed necessary by ordering physician based on practice standards.
- Assists the RN and ED provider in providing care for patients undergoing emergency care in the emergency department.
- Mentor and specializes in planning and providing care for patients contaminated or injured from an environment agent such as nuclear chemical and biological terrorism.
- Secures hospital and Family Care Center by verifying designated entrances are locked each night.
- Provides first line security for hospital if secured entrances have been breached until law enforcement arrives.
Why Saint Luke’s?
- The opportunity to use your skills in the Emergency Department and in the field.
- Positive workplace culture that supports and empowers staff.
- Various Continuing Education, Leadership and other career training available
- Saint Luke’s offers competitive salaries, retirement, and benefits packages to all eligible employees.
Applicable Experience:1 year
Advanced Cardiac Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross, Basic Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross, Driver's License - Class E - Various, Paramedic (KS) - Kansas Board of Emergency Medical Services, Pediatric Advanced Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross
Swing (United States of America)
The best place to get care. The best place to give care. Saint Luke’s 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Our employees are proud to work for the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke’s means joining a team of exceptional professionals who strive for excellence in patient care. Do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive workspace where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for all Saint Luke’s Health System employees unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.