Hedrick Medical Center of Chillicothe, Missouri is seeking a Registered Respiratory Therapist, Respiratory Care Practitioner RRT to join our Respiratory Therapy team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support adult ICU, Medical Surgical, ED, Surgery, OB, and the Code Blue Team. Our Respiratory Therapy team is known for taking pride in their work and for having a culture of kindness.
The Work :
- Evaluates and performs diagnostic, therapeutic and metabolic testing in accordance with physician orders and respiratory medical protocols
- Performs or assists in procedures including but not limited to endotracheal intubation, extubations, tracheostomy tube changes, bronchoscopy and capnography monitoring
- Conducts patient assessment, treatment planning, therapeutic interventions analysis and reporting of clinical response
- Evaluates appropriateness of medical orders, transporting patients requiring mechanical ventilation or airway protection and assuring safe operations of devices in Xray, CT and MRI
- Maintains proficiency in the application of mechanical ventilation modalities, Non-Invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation, Continuous Positive Airway Pressure and Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to work effectively and collaboratively with nursing, physicians and other team members. This position requires strong communication and organizational skills so you can build patient rapport easily.
Because of the multiple specialty areas you would support and the trauma ICU patients you would care for, we are looking for someone with their RRT that is passionate about patient care, teamwork, continuous learning and growing within your field. For those that may have a passion for working with babies, you may have the opportunity to work in the OB department.
Why Saint Luke’s?
- We are dedicated to innovation and always looking for ways to improve.
- We offer a Career Advancement Program to expand your skills and grow your career.
- We believe in creating a collaborative environment where all voices are heard.
- We are here for you and will support you in achieving your goals.
- Saint Luke’s offers competitive salaries and benefits packages to all of their eligible employees.