SIGN ON BONUS - Full Time $5,000
Join our team who are making a difference, not just in healthcare, but right here in the heart of our community!
Kansas City Hospice and Palliative Care, the largest non-profit hospice agency in Kansas City, believes our care model provides the best possible service to our patients and their families.
Each day you will know that you and your team are making a difference in the lives of others.
Under the supervision of a Team Manager, the RN Case Manager is responsible for identifying patient/family care needs, and for coordinating nursing and supportive care for the terminally ill patient and their families.
- A reasonable caseload that allows you to provide exceptional care
- Positions based around the city to limit your drive time and maximize time with patients
- Weekend and After Hours support. No call expectation for RN Case Managers
- 24/7 Clinical support from our full-time Board Certified physicians and APRNs
- Each day you will know that you and your team are making a difference in the lives of others
If your heart draws you to Hospice and Palliative care, please apply!
You will enjoy meaningful work!
We Strive to be the Best Place to Work:
- We offer generous and competitive wages!
- We offer Benefits for Both Full Time and Part Time Team Members including Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life, Company Paid Short and Long-term Disability insurance, Company Paid EAP offering 10 sessions per year, per event, Optional Accident and Critical Illness Insurance, Optional Pre-Paid Legal and Identity Theft Insurance, Pet Insurance, PTO, Mileage reimbursement, 403b retirement contributions, Wellness Plan Discounts and more.
- Tuition Reimbursement (90-day waiting period)
- $2500 for Full Time Employees
- $1250 for Part Time Employees
- 2-Year Loan Agreement (90 day waiting period): Approved amount ($1250 or $2500) paid 1st year and the remaining balance the 2nd
- Federal Student Loan (Perkins Loan) Forgiveness:
- As a Benefit of working at Kansas City Hospice and Palliative Care, a qualified employer non-profit organization, you may be eligible for student loan forgiveness depending on the type and date of your student loan. Contact your lender for additional information.
We Live Our Mission:
“To bring expert care, peace of mind, comfort, guidance, and hope to people who are affected by life-limiting illness or by grief. Our Vision is each person in our community is valued from life through death and each family is supported in their grief.”
We ask you to support us in achieving our Mission and Vision by contributing the following:
- Responsible for the management and coordination of care to include both the patient and family.
- Completing initial assessment of physical, emotional, spiritual and mental status.
- Preparing, implementing and coordinating the plan of care in cooperation with the interdisciplinary team.
- Providing direct nursing care to patients maintaining the highest level of care for the patient under the direction of the primary care physician.
- Teaching family members, hired caregivers, and nursing home personnel on end-of-life care.
- Performing supervisory visits on LPN’s and Hospice Aides on a routine basis in accordance with policy.
- Developing positive and effective relationships with physicians, nurse practitioners, referral sources, nursing homes, insurance case managers, patients, families and co-workers.
- Communicating effectively and professionally within the team environment, demonstrating respectful and appropriate language and nonverbal behavior; actively seeking to resolve customer and co-worker concerns in a timely manner.
- Demonstrating the ability to recognize, understand, and appreciate our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), by demonstrating social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to diverse patients, families, and staff.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess the Following Requirements:
- Valid, unencumbered Kansas and Missouri RN license
- Minimum of one year experience in caring for actively dying patients, preferred
- Ability to develop rapport and communicate effectively with physicians, nurses, social workers, patients and families; necessary skills to prepare and present information in oral and written formats
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; must schedule and manage time effectively
- Reliable transportation and current auto insurance needed
- CPR certification required. May obtain after hire.
Not all Hospice care organizations are created equal.
Learn why Kansas City Hospice & Palliative Care is truly special!
Kansas City Hospice and Palliative Care is an equal-opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQIA persons encouraged to apply. We are dedicated and committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). We don’t just accept differences—we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and our community. Our diversity defines us. It binds us. It makes us great.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, Kansas City Hospice and Palliative Care and its affiliate companies now require all employees to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and Influenza vaccination prior to beginning employment or request a medical or religious exemption. Kansas City Hospice and Palliative Care adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement, physical agilities requirements as measured by agility testing, unsuccessful clearance on background investigation, including drug screening, may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.