Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City – Plaza Location is seeking a Registered Nurse for our Progressive Care Unit, specializing Orthopedics. You will provide care for a variety patients with various medical conditions and acuity levels. This team specializes in Orthopedics, but sees patients with other complex medical conditions and treatment plans. This is a challenging fast-paced environment with high patient turn over. Nurses on this team are trained to initiate and maintain IV infusions like: heparin, lasix, Cardizem, amiodarone, & PCA/CADD pumps. This is a great opportunity to expand your nursing skills and quickly grow your career. This position will give you the opportunity to participate in our shared governance and be part of various quality improvement initiatives.
This team is part of our Level 1 Trauma and Academic Medical Center. This is a tight knit team that is passionate about knowledge sharing, collaboration, and helping each other become the best they can be; A team that works towards continuous improvement and is never afraid to keep learning more and ask questions. This is diverse team with diverse backgrounds, skill levels, and experience.
· Utilizes the nursing process
· Performs patient care, delegating patient care tasks and for supervision of other patient care staff
· Coordinates the plan of care for a group of assigned patients and consulting with other members of the health care team when indicated to ensure optimal patient outcomes
· Demonstrates proficiency and abides by policies, rules, guidelines and procedures
To be successful in this position, you will need strong communication skills, desire to always learn more, passion for outcomes and patient advocacy, and the drive to go above and beyond in your role. This opportunity will allow you to work autonomously and with your team in ensuring patient centered care is delivered. We are seeking a team player who enjoys building relationships with their peers and their patients. We are looking for natural leaders that enjoy teaching others while being taught at the same time.
Why Saint Luke’s?
· Our leadership supports nurse engagement and allows their voices to be heard.
· We value our nurses’ knowledge, experience, and expertise to improve patient outcomes and quality care.
· The opportunity to make an impact on their unit, hospital, health system, and the healthcare industry.
· Strong nurse governance and we encourage all of our RNs to participate
· Various CEU, Continuing Education, Leadership and other career training available
· Career Advancement Program dedicated to RNs.
· Saint Luke’s offers competitive salaries and benefits packages to all eligible employees, click here to find out more.
Less than 1 year
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross, Registered Nurse (MO) - National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NURSYS)
Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
The best place to get care. The best place to give care. Saint Luke’s 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Our employees are proud to work for the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke’s means joining a team of exceptional professionals who strive for excellence in patient care. Do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive workspace where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for all Saint Luke’s Health System employees unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.