Position Title: Senior Data Governance Analyst
Open Positions: 1
Posted Date: April 18, 2022
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (310 Building)
Department: Analytic Solutions and Governance
Supervisor: Jennifer Werkowitch
Apply online at: https://geha.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/GEHACareers/job/Lees-Summit-310/Senior-Data-Governance-Analyst_R-003570-9
Summary GEHA is a leader in health services for federal employees and related customers, serving our chosen markets with low-cost offerings and best-in-class customer care, sustained by a nimble and efficient organization.
An Executive Order was released stating that federal contractors must require COVID-19 vaccinations for all US employees. As a company that works on federal contracts, we have a legal requirement to comply with the executive order, if it is enforced.
GEHA has an exciting opportunity to serve as leader in Data Governance within the Analytic Center of Excellence (ACOE). This role has a direct impact on maturing the organization forward; toward a data driven culture. As a liaison to other disciplines and programs across the organization, this role will collect and align policies, standards, and procedures to further enable data governance capabilities. Leveraging technology, this role will be responsible for overseeing the organization's Business, Data, and Technical Assets through the management of an Enterprise Business Glossary and Data Catalog. This position offers an opportunity for thought leadership in bringing forward innovative and automated solutions to managing the life cycle and lineage of data assets while improving data quality across the organization. This candidate’s primary focus will be leading the analysis, development, and build of an Enterprise Data Catalog while also building related data lineage to directly support privacy, security, legal, and audit initiatives.
• Lead and drive enterprise level data lineage initiative in support of privacy, legal, and regulatory requirements.
• Lead and execute on data governance activities and initiatives in alignment with the organization’s Data Governance Program.
• Advocate and articulate the value of data governance while providing education and training to the enterprise community, including data stewards and data consumers.
• Help drive adoption of data ownership, data stewardship, and data governance processes across the organization.
• Facilitate and coordinate collaboration with data stewards to help define enterprise business terms and assist with bringing resolution to data quality concerns and issues.
• Work directly with business partners to establish enterprise business data domains, ownership, and stewardship.
• Collaborate with data stewards, data owners, and data consumers to establish best practices, processes, and procedures in support of GEHA’s Enterprise Business Glossary and Data Catalog.
• Mentor and coach junior analysts on data governance disciplines and best practices.
• Assist with establishing and supporting KPIs, metrics, and measurements to monitor data quality and data governance maturity.
• Help drive organizational adoption of the data governance tool suite (erwin) by providing user documentation, training, and demos to ensure proper usage and adherence to processes and procedures.
Government Employees Health Association, Inc.
• Identify, create, and/or support data policy to ensure the organizations data and usage is compliant with regulation, compliance, and security standards.
• Assist in the creation and implementation of the Erwin data governance suite user guides and procedures.
• Manage the administration of the erwin tool suite and partner with product vendor to guide and ensure proper usage of the products functionality and maximize GEHA’s usage of the capabilities within the product.
• Partner with both the business and technical SMEs to help establish relationships between business assets, such as business terms, and data or technical assets, such as policy and reports, and assist with the documentation of data movement and data lineage of enterprise data assets.
• Establish procedures to document and curate data assets, including classifying mastered and reference data, identifying the authoritative source (golden record), and what and where sensitive data resides.
• Facilitate and document data ownership roles, including elements, definitions, transformations, calculations, etc. to the appropriate functional Data Steward(s), ensuring all key participants are granted appropriate input rights. May help lower levels associates by reviewing or advising on their work.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field.
• 7+ years’ experience with Data Management/Data Governance.
• 2-4 years’ experience of data analysis, data modeling, data mapping and profiling utilizing tools such as SQL.
• Advanced knowledge and experience in data governance framework and principles, including the development and management of data policy, process workflows, procedural documentation, including defining and leading organizational change to align with these practices.
• Advanced knowledge of Data Architecture, Data Modeling, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence concepts.
• Preferred understanding and familiarity with healthcare insurance data.
• Experience and hands on knowledge of master and reference data management.
• Hands on experience developing and implementing in data governance platforms such as erwin, Collibra, Informatica, etc.
• A strong understanding and experience in identifying and classifying data assets.
• Experience and knowledge of privacy and regulatory laws related to data privacy and protection.
GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on sex, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, age, military status, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, as well as all other characteristics and qualities protected by federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
As a condition of employment, all GEHA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.