What You’ll Do
- Supports and demonstrates IMA’s core values
- Values and understands the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion among all IMA associates
- Maintains overall responsibility of the entire renewal (policy review, setting the game plan, loss analysis, program design, data completeness within AMS, coverage & premium discrepancy issues, etc.) for all existing accounts
- Supports in winning new business and set up of new accounts
- Maintains intimate knowledge of clients' business operations, strategies, and needs throughout the year
- Kicks-off the client renewal process by creating the Game Plan and completing a coverage analysis (if applicable) and conducting thorough reviews of the policies and all relevant documents
- Prepares for and facilitates meetings with key IMA stakeholders and clients
- Crafts the marketing strategies, reviews submissions, and engages in negotiations with underwriters to determine the relevant content to include in proposals
- Pursues mastery of the craft through on-going education and awareness of industry trends, products, and services
- Develops and maintains carrier relationships
- Manages a book of business with $900K – $1 Million in revenue
- 50% - 60% of book revenue is within the emerging market
- 40% - 50% of the book revenue is within the middle market and under mentorship of an Account Executive Level 3
You Should Have:
- Experience in insurance or related industry based on the assigned book of business
- Ability to think strategically based on client’s priorities and marketplace cycle
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience leading and developing people
- Ability to delegate and hold team & partners accountable
- Experience working within Applied Epic preferred
- Holding or pursuing insurance designation preferred
- Experience with MS Office products required (specifically PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Travel required (up to 40% based on client book of business)
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
The IMA Financial Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The IMA Financial Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Compensation & BenefitsBeing a part of IMA has its benefits. When you become part of the IMA family, you become eligible to take part in our valuable benefits and rewards package designed to benefit you, your family, and your life. Our plans are cost-effective, convenient and provide progressive ways for staying healthy, protecting loved ones, pursuing financial security and living a full and balanced life. This role is eligible for the following:
Annual Performance Bonus, Stock Purchase, Medical Plans, Prescription Drugs, Dental, Vision, Family Assistance Program, FSA, HSA, Pre-Tax Parking Plan, 401(k), Life/AD&D, Accident, Critical Illness, Long Term Care, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Business Travel Accident, Identity Theft, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Sabbatical, Gift Matching, Health Club Reimbursement & Fitness Device (Fitbit), Personal and Professional Development
Why Join IMA?
We’ve built a reputation for putting our associates first
What if we told you that you could be an integral part of an entrepreneurial, expanding company, develop lasting relationships, earn competitive benefits, plus claim part ownership? It’s this unique ownership business model that makes working at IMA so appealing.
We work in teams. We sell in teams. We win and prosper as a team
We provide support systems and resources that enable each of our associates to focus on what they do best. And as an independent company based in the Midwest, we’re big enough to write business all over the world and small enough to implement your ideas quickly.
We are recognized nationally as a leader in our industry.
- 2021 Business Insurance Magazine Best Places to Work in Insurance, #1 in large category
- 2021 Inc. 5000’s List of Fastest Growing Companies
- 2021 Wichita Business Journal’s Best Places to Work, #1 in extra-large category
- 2021 Puget Sound Business Journal’s Washington’s Best Workplaces
- 2021 Los Angeles Business Journal’s Best Places to Work
- 2021 Denver Business Journal’s Best Places to Work
- 2021 Dallas Business Journal’s Best Places to Work
- 2021 Alaska Journal of Commerce’s Best Workplaces in Alaska
- 2021 Civic 50 Colorado Honoree Recognizing 50 Most Community-Minded Companies
- 2021 Wichita Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Companies List
- 2020 Business Insurance Magazine Best Places to Work in Insurance