What You’ll Do
- Supports and demonstrates IMA’s core values
- Values and understands the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion among all IMA associates
- Serves as the day-to-day contact for all client requests within a book of business (comprised of a Emerging Market Clients), prepares (or delegates where applicable) all relevant renewal materials (Premium & Loss summary, exposures, coverage comparison, premium & rate, etc.)
- Owns meeting facilitation, client interactions, negotiations, technical analysis, and program design
- Supports in winning new business & supports new client onboarding
- Demonstrates ability to anticipate client problems and provide solutions proactively
- Using the client workbook, creates the marketing submission, and manages ongoing negotiations with carriers
- Receives quotes, reviews for accuracy and desired coverages, terms, pricing from submission, generates and populates the proposal
- Receives policies, sends instructions to the applicable COE, and keeps COE abreast of any changes that occur during negotiations with ability to process the policy if needed
- Performs premium allocations, surplus lines template preparation, Certificate of Insurance request template preparation & master approval, on-demand certificates, basic contract reviews, policy endorsements, resolves coverage and premium discrepancy issues, and conducts audits on expired and/or non-renewed policies
- As needed, serves as a team lead, mentor, and/or manager for other Account Managers within the department. This includes ensuring quality control standards of the team are continually maintained and works with the Commercial Lines Leader regarding department strategies, needs, and performance
You Should Have:
- 5+ yrs. applicable insurance experience with construction specialty experience preferred
- Ability to work within AMS and maintain data completeness standards
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, and lead project special assignments
- Demonstrates ability to build underwriter and client relationships
- Ability to delegate to appropriate parties when necessary
- Experience with MS Office products required (specifically PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Holds or is pursuing formal specialty designation [CRIS, Industry specific designation] preferred
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
The IMA Financial Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The IMA Financial Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities
Compensation & Benefits
Annual Performance Bonus, Stock Purchase, Medical Plans, Prescription Drugs, Dental, Vision, Family Assistance Program, FSA, HSA, Pre-Tax Parking Plan, 401(k), Life/AD&D, Accident, Critical Illness, Long Term Care, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Business Travel Accident, Identity Theft, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Sabbatical, Gift Matching, Health Club Reimbursement & Fitness Device (Fitbit), Personal and Professional Development.
Why Join IMA?
We’ve built a reputation for putting our associates first
What if we told you that you could be an integral part of an entrepreneurial, expanding company, develop lasting relationships, earn competitive benefits, plus claim part ownership? It’s this unique ownership business model that makes working at IMA so appealing.
We work in teams. We sell in teams. We win and prosper as a team
We provide support systems and resources that enable each of our associates to focus on what they do best. And as an independent company based in the Midwest, we’re big enough to write business all over the world and small enough to implement your ideas quickly.
We are recognized nationally as a leader in our industry.
- 2021 Business Insurance Magazine Best Places to Work in Insurance, #1 in large category
- 2021 Inc. 5000’s List of Fastest Growing Companies
- 2021 Wichita Business Journal’s Best Places to Work, #1 in extra-large category
- 2021 Puget Sound Business Journal’s Washington’s Best Workplaces
- 2021 Los Angeles Business Journal’s Best Places to Work
- 2021 Denver Business Journal’s Best Places to Work
- 2021 Dallas Business Journal’s Best Places to Work
- 2021 Alaska Journal of Commerce’s Best Workplaces in Alaska
- 2021 Civic 50 Colorado Honoree Recognizing 50 Most Community-Minded Companies
- 2021 Wichita Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Companies List
- 2020 Business Insurance Magazine Best Places to Work in Insurance