What You’ll Do
IMA Financial Group is employee owned and has built our reputation on delivering outstanding service and encouraging innovation propelling us to become one of the largest independent insurance brokers in the country. We're passionate about the next phase of our journey and see an investment in specialized expertise as a core driver of our ongoing success.
Our clients look to IMA for niche knowledge and capabilities. Among these our Education practice is recognized as an already outstanding line of business, who’s continued growth will be central to IMA’s overall long-term business strategy. To ensure we take full advantage of the opportunity, we are adding an Education National Practice Director to set practice strategy at a national level, guide its execution, and provide creative leadership in developing new Risk Management solutions for our Education clients that will keep us ahead of a dynamic carrier market.
As the National Practice Director, one of your major opportunities, and challenges, will be to fine tune the operations and execution of an already impactful team, identify and make key changes, and build a foundation to support already meaningful growth that is only going to pick up in the near future. Having set the strategy, you will work collaboratively with market leadership on staffing related decisions and in adapting the practice strategy to fit situational needs.
Experience at a broker or carrier, specialized in the Education market, is a must for a successful candidate. We see as critical to our success a leader that deeply understands this multifaceted coverage market and is proficient in the technical nuances of education risk. In this role we'd expect you to bring to bear this knowledge to identify new markets and to develop programs that address changes proactively and keep IMA’s solutions best in class.
If this sounds like the right challenge and opportunity for you, we'd love to discuss it with you further!
- Support and demonstrate IMA’s core values
- Values and understands the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion among all IMA associates
- Establish and implement the short and long-term strategic plan for the specialty
- Mutually agree with market leadership on team member assignments for new and existing clients, using multiple markets as necessary
- Participate in all appropriate internal business reviews, client business reviews, client presentations
- Work closely with CLLs across markets to establish and maintain high-level industry specific service standards across markets and teams
- Oversee the creation and implementation of specialty-focused training and development programs
- Be included on all white sheet opportunities to Commercial Lines Leaders (CLLs) and engage with Producers on desired prospects
- Align specialty efforts across all parts of the organization (leadership, account teams, production, other businesses, etc.) in support of the specialty strategy and overall IMA objectives
- Dual approval with Market President of all specialty-focused hires / promotions, including Producer majors, service team roles and Client Advantage specialty leadership roles
- Set expectations for consistent, high-quality client service
- Mentor team members in the continued development of skills / knowledge
- Maintain senior executive relationships on desired accounts / prospects
- Maintain senior executive relationships with and lead carrier / specialty-specific interactions
- Actively communicate and promote knowledge sharing within specialty team and across IMA
- Responsible for an agreed amount of annual organic growth in alignment with overall IMA Retail targets
- Provide oversight of all marketing, national conference/association participation and advertising strategies
- Continually seek M&A opportunities specific to the specialty, and be included, when possible, in M&A opportunities where specialty presence is a material component of book
- Develop a succession plan for the specialty leader
You Should Have:
- 20+ years of similar or related experience preferred
- Deep technical skills to support production and client service
- Comprehensive industry and product knowledge
- Consistent track record of developing and maintaining deep company, client, carrier and partner relationships
- Proven sales / sales support ability
- Deep experience in client relationships and running a book of business
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
The IMA Financial Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The IMA Financial Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Compensation & Benefits
FT positions – working 30 or more hours/week
Salary Range $170,000 - $240,000, Annual Performance Bonus, Stock Purchase, Medical Plans, Prescription Drugs, Dental, Vision, Family Assistance Program, FSA, HSA, Pre-Tax Parking Plan, 401(k), Life/AD&D, Accident, Critical Illness, Long Term Care, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Business Travel Accident, Identity Theft, Paid Time Off, Flexible Work Options, Paid Holidays, Sabbatical, Gift Matching, Health Club Reimbursement & Fitness Device (Fitbit), Personal and Professional Development