Government Employees Health Association, Inc.
Position Title: Sr. Project Manager
Open Positions: 1
Posted Date: October 25, 2021
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (201 Building)
Supervisor: Heather Kostelnick
Apply online at: https://geha.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/GEHACareers/job/Lees-Summit-MO/Senior-Project-Manager_R-003221
Summary GEHA is a leader in health services for federal employees and related customers, serving our chosen markets with low-cost offerings and best-in-class customer care, sustained by a nimble and efficient organization.
As a condition of employment, all GEHA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
Manages large projects or high-priority projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration ensuring adherence to GEHA project management principles, processes, and best practices. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, distributors, and vendors. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Communicate with executive sponsors regarding the status of specific projects.
• Assembles project team. Provides formalized, continuous work direction and leadership to assigned team of professionals, including the scheduling, assignment, and review of project work.
• Guides project team to create high-value solutions.
• Develops, tracks, monitors and communicates project progress against the project plan.
• Works with project stakeholders to develop project requirements, quality measures, standards, processes, cost estimates and milestones.
• Coordinates the input, support and communication with all functional areas that impact or are impacted by project scope, business value, risk, and resource requirements.
• Defines and leads the improvement of Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) by updating processes and methodologies used within GEHA EPMO Knowledge Document Repository.
• Manages project change control, decisions, risks, issues, assumptions and mitigation planning.
• Adheres and participates in the monitoring of quality assurance and project management guidelines.
• Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirement documentation and presentations to key stakeholders including executive sponsors. Determines the frequency and content of status report from the project team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Develops and maintains all business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Manages large, complex or high priority projects.
• Consults and provides guidance in determining project solutions. Guides team through buy vs. build options, hosting options and RFI/RFP processes when necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related discipline.
• Additional years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
• Requires seven to ten years of project management experience working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels.
• PMP certification preferred.
• Requires experience with project management methodologies (e.g., PMBOK and PRINCE2).
• Requires working knowledge of application development technologies, as well as, client-server, web, and cloud based architectures.
• Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Visio, and SharePoint.
• Requires effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Requires strong leadership skills to coordinate and motivate project teams.
• Strong financial management to administer budgets across projects and ensure the projects meet requirements for return on investment.
• Requires working knowledge of database architecture, data warehousing architecture and batch operations.
• Requires knowledge of IT security best practices and IT audit experience.
GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on sex, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, age, military status, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, as well as all other characteristics and qualities protected by federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.