Type of Position: Non-Exempt Part/Time
Hours: 30 Hours / week
Prosperity Advisors is set apart by the degree of connectedness we have with our clients. As Advice Triads change and new Financial Planning Practices are acquired or merged, the need for that connectedness only increases.
Centers of Influence that refer to our firm are also a priority for connection as is our on-line storefront. Potential clients can be in our communication pipeline before becoming clients.
We have engaged cutting edge tools to help our Community Building Team to implement a Strategy to meet those goals. Their tactics include: Social Media Posts (of licensed, curated content from recognized media outlets), outbound directed communications via email, client and education events, and others as directed by the CBT.
The Communications Associate is a key member of the Community Building Team and supports all aspects of content production and targeted outreach. Working with communications and program staff, the Communications Associate helps promote and disseminate key messages through web platforms, videos, social media, events, and marketing campaigns.
The Communications Associate works across a host of disciplines and platforms, editing content ranging from blog posts to books, providing backend website design and management (we outsource our graphic work), assisting with email communication layout and message, and engaging in social media outreach.
The ideal candidate has a strong interest in Prosperity’s core principles; is skilled at working independently and as part of a team; and can demonstrate initiative, professionalism, and attention to detail. This position reports to the Planning Team Director and the Branch Director.
· Work with the Community Building Team leaders to establish effective communication strategies and useful metrics
· Work with the team to edit program material, including periodicals, online newsletters, web content, marketing materials and video scripts
· Work with program teams to establish effective social media strategies
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong planning and organizational skills
· Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple tasks
· Ability to work well in team-oriented environment
· Effective at communicating with Senior Leadership
· High standards of excellence MINIMUM
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
· Three to five years’ relevant professional communications experience
· Experience with social media and online marketing campaigns
· Experience with Google Analytics or other audience measurement tools
· Experience with Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, PPT)
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related discipline preferred
· Ability to speak, hear, write, type, and interact.
· Good visual acuity sufficient to see and interpret all job-related materials.