DIRECTOR OF SALES AND MARKETING
AC HOTEL KANSAS CITY PLAZA
Develop and execute strategic sales and marketing plans against a defined hotel budget to maximize revenues through direct sales, marketing, e-commerce channels, public relations and community partnerships.
Area Director of Sales – Regional Director of Sales – Corporate Director of Sales – VP Sales
- Develop a strong Ecommerce presence managing internet market and social media opportunities and relationships.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Revenue Management to develop, communicate and implement sales strategies, mix of business, channel management, and pricing strategies.
- Use internal and external resources and data to develop strategic plans to incorporate all business segments.
- Understand sales and business processes, support corporate and hotel goals and contribute to enhancement of customer value.
- Identify customer business requirements and craft customer offers, which result in increased revenue share for the hotel.
- Monitor achievement of objectives for the sales team and take appropriate action to correct shortfalls versus the annual marketing plan.
- Achieve annual hotel revenue goals as agreed upon and established in the annual budget.
- Maintain hotel relationships with key accounts to increase customer satisfaction and account revenue.
- Use professional sales techniques to negotiate the best possible terms and conditions that satisfy customer (internal and external) requirements.
- Articulate and leverage the benefits of the hotel to close sales opportunities.
- Prepare and maintain a current annual marketing plan with measurable and specific initiatives detailed to maintain and grow each business segment.
- Accept leadership responsibilities by modeling proper selling techniques, effective development of others and commitment to industry and personal development. Develop effective presentations (orally and written) where ideas, opinions, recommendations and conclusions are clearly understood.
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values. Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Four-year college degree required; additional/advanced degree coursework in business administration, marketing and communications a plus.
- Previous sales experience in a comparable hotel size and scope required with operations experience preferred.
- Public relations and community marketing experience required.
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word, Delphi and access database tools.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Company Match
- Free Basic Life Insurance
- Travel Discounts
- Commuter Transit and Commuter Parking Benefits
- Quarterly Bonuses and Incentives
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Program
- Educational/Professional Development
- Technology Reimbursements
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on holidays, weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
- Moderate travel between hotel and client’s locations required.
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
HHM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.