Leads corporate and project marketing initiatives to support corporate sales and marketing goals. Manages marketing planning and project pursuit strategy for several primary vertical markets/business units. Promotes client engagement through proposal development and interview preparation. Oversees and/or executes marketing initiatives both internally and externally including strategic communications, client promotions and events and public relations. Assists with marketing strategy through marketing planning and brand management. Leads and develops marketing team members.
PROPOSAL AND INTERVIEW PREPARATION
- Manages the proposal process by directing workflow amongst Marketing team members, including self.
- Drives strategy to support the development of an effective response
- Prepares proposals for designated assignments, including writing content, creating design and layout, soliciting input from operations and project development associates, and establishing and enforcing internal and external deadlines.
- Ensures consistent messaging and quality control on all responses, and continuously looks for ways to improve the final product.
- Designs or coordinates interview materials including presentation boards, leave behinds and handouts.
- Works with interview team to ensure presentation formats are highest quality and consistent with market leaders.
- Participates in interview preparation meetings and offers input on possible enhancements.
- Challenges market leaders to think differently and see client challenges/intentions through a different lens; encourage a client-focused approach vs. a technical approach
- Participates in marketing planning process for primary vertical markets by actively contributing to planning sessions, evaluating research and data, discussing possible strategies with planning team, and assisting with the development of market plans.
- Develops vertical market specialization including market trends, competitive positioning, and strategic direction of the company by reading external industry-related materials and news on current events, as well as internal materials related to company strategy and direction.
- Develops strategy to engage clients/influencers building strong relationships to include programs, campaigns, and tactics that lead to the achievement of marketing and sales objectives and increase client engagement.
- Develops a clear understanding of the company’s differentiators and helps translate into brand strategy.
- Recommends and implements programs that enhance the brand, lead to client engagement, and distinguish the company in the marketplace.
- Communicates brand strategy within the company and monitors to ensure consistency and alignment.
- Leads the development of project and corporate marketing communications, both externally and internally.
- Designs, edits, and writes corporate and project marketing materials and/or coordinates with outside vendors.
- Assists with the selection of media mix for marketing communications and advertising campaigns.
- Tracks progress and evaluates impact of communication and advertising campaigns.
- Ensures associates are well informed of news and announcements by assisting with the creation and delivery of internal emails, letters, presentations, or other appropriate methods of communication.
- Leads the planning of project and corporate events, such as ribbon cuttings, ground breakings, and corporate receptions, grand openings, etc.
- Leads coordination of signage for projects and offices ensuring visibility and consistent branding.
- Coordinates award nominations by identifying opportunities, writing and submitting award nominations for projects, associates and company.
- Assists project development teams in identifying and developing materials needed for sales-related activities such as trade shows, sponsored events, and prospect meetings.
- Oversees the design, implementation, and maintenance of the company website by working with the external vendors and internal leaders to ensure a site that is consistent with our image, core values and high standards.
- Tracks website metrics with regard to site usage and makes recommendations for revisions and enhancements to improve effectiveness.
- Ensures updates to the website to keep it dynamic and interesting to return viewers.
- Oversees social media by working with external vendors and internal staff to maximize communication and promotion of company news and events, using such channels as Facebook, LinkedIn and others as appropriate.
- Assists internal staff with marketing project database by gathering information, entering into database, and updating as necessary.
- Works with internal staff to manages associate database by gathering information on experience, education, certifications and other information to be used on resumes and promotional materials.
- Identifies needed competencies, skills and expertise needed to drive branding and marketing strategies to higher levels of proficiency.
- Trains, mentors and guides associates to become a premier Marketing team.
- Ensures high-performing associates through effective hiring, development and retention.
- Communicates regularly with associates regarding expectations, goals and performance including career conversations, performance reviews and regular feedback through the year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Marketing or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 10-12 years of experience in marketing with an Architecture, Engineering, or Construction company.
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer applications, including Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, preferably InDesign and Photoshop.
- Advanced writing and editing skills.
The position requires work in an office environment.
Note: This job description reflects a summary of the job and does not prescribe or restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned. The job description is subject to change at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)