Position Title: Senior Project Manager
Open Positions: 1
Posted Date: November 8, 2022
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO (201 Building)
Supervisor: Elizabeth Elmore
Apply online at: https://geha.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/GEHACareers/job/Lees-Summit-MO/Senior-Project-Manager_R-003961
Summary Manages large IT projects with considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. Coordinates system development and delivery for major applications, including custom and commercial off the shelf products, from business analysis to operational readiness. Ensures adherence to GEHA project management principles, processes, and best practices. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, distributors, and vendors. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Communicates with executive sponsors regarding the status of specific projects.
• Assembles project team. Provides formalized, continuous work direction and leadership to assigned team of professionals, including the scheduling, assignment, and review of project work.
• Guides project team to create high-value solutions.
• Develops, tracks, monitors, and communicates project progress against the project plan.
• Analyzes project performance, performs root cause analysis on fluctuations in productivity, and proposes mitigations or strategy shifts to ensure project success.
• Works with project stakeholders to develop project requirements, quality measures, standards, processes, cost estimates and milestones.
• Coordinates the input, support and communication with all functional areas that impact or are impacted by project scope, business value, risk, and resource requirements.
• Manages project change control, decisions, risks, issues, assumptions, and mitigation planning.
• Adheres to EPMO documentation requirements and participates in the monitoring of quality assurance and project management guidelines.
• Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirement documentation and presentations to key stakeholders including executive sponsors.
• Develops and maintains all business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Manages large, complex, or high priority projects.
• Consults and provides guidance in determining project solutions. Guides team through buy vs. build options, hosting options and RFI/RFP processes when necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline preferred. (Experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.)
Government Employees Health Association, Inc.
• Requires 7 to 10 years of experience in project management or similar work organizing cross-functional teams and staff of all levels.
• Requires 3 years management experience in the IT field, including development and business collaboration.
• Requires strong stakeholder management and leadership skills to coordinate and motivate project teams.
• Requires experience with project management methodologies (e.g., PMBOK and PRINCE2).
• Requires working knowledge of application development technologies, as well as, client-server, web, and cloud based architectures.
• Requires working knowledge of database architecture, data warehousing architecture, and batch operations.
• Requires working knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and industry best practices.
• Requires strong technical management and leadership skills to direct and coordinate engineers across diverse technical disciplines.
• Requires knowledge of IT security best practices and IT audit experience.
• Requires effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Teams, and SharePoint.
• Prefers Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related discipline. (Experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.)
• Prefers experience implementing Facets products or other insurance claims system software.
• Prefers knowledge or certification in ITILv4.
• Prefers certification in PMP, Agile, and/or PROSCI.
• Prefers experience in Service Now’s Project Management Module.
GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on sex, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, age, military status, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, as well as all other characteristics and qualities protected by federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
An Executive Order was released stating that federal contractors must require COVID-19 vaccinations for all US employees. As a company that works on federal contracts, we have a legal requirement to comply with the executive order, if it is enforced.