Position Summary: Responsible for developing and stewarding meaningful relationships with major donors and prospects. Manage and grow major gifts, capital campaign contributions and secure planned gifts from Unity donors in your assigned portfolio.
Donor engagement and relationship building is key to success in our Philanthropy work at Unity; we use a comprehensive matrix to track effectiveness including virtual visits, in-person meetings, phone calls, electronic communication, and written communication. Members of the Philanthropy Team work together with Unity leadership and Board Members to enhance the effectiveness of fundraising activities at Unity World Headquarters.
Essential Job Functions:
- Initiate contact with donors and potential donors and cultivate long-term relationships with them on behalf of the organization Participate in Stewardship activities, emphasizing results of donor's contributions how they are making a difference.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of potential, current, and lapsed donors.
Plan and organize travel and philanthropy activities.
- Achieve a thorough understanding of the donor management database and ensure that the appropriate information is updated regularly.
- Establish and implement plans to reach annual, capital campaign and planned giving revenue and cultivation objectives.
- Discuss and recommend major gifts, capital campaign contributions and planned giving ideas on the telephone, in correspondence, and in person in a professional manner, with technical accuracy.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required. This may be a remote or telecommute position, or a hybrid situation.
- Adhere to all company and departmental policies and procedures per the guidebook including all safety requirements and guidelines.
- Utilize electronic time management system to input time, attendance, and time off requests.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- When budget permits and with permission from VP of Philanthropy attend seminars to enhance skills and learn current best practices in major gift fundraising, annual/general fund, capital campaign, gift planning, grant funding and endowment topics.
Education: Bachelor's degree emphasizing non-profit management, communications, fundraising, marketing, business administration, or equivalent field of study.
- Three years minimum, five years preferred related work experience in the development/fundraising/sales field required.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal relationship building skills.
- Excellent oral presentation skills.
- Flexibility concerning work hours and schedules (Evening work is required.)
- National travel required.
- Planned giving and capital campaign experience, preferred.
Computer Skills: Intermediate end user with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook. Former database/donor management software experience, preferred.
Certificates & Licenses: Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE), a plus. Member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, a plus.
Preferred Prerequisites: Knowledge of Unity principles, a plus. Commitment to ideas and principles of Unity, preferred.
N/A Not Applicable Activity - Not applicable to this occupation
O Occasionally - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (02.5+ hrs/day)
F Frequently - Position requires this activity at a minimum of 33% of the time (02.5-5.5+hrs/day)
C Constantly - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
C Inside Work
O Outside Work
N/A Excessive Noise
C Use of Hands/Fingers
O Climb - Stairs/Ladders
F Lifting 20 Max lbs.
N/A Exposure to Hazards
O Exposure to Temperatures
N/A Operate Equipment/Company Vehicles
C Operate Computers
C (List Equipment Type): Copier, Fax, Telephone, Cellular phone, Printer
C Ability and willingness to travel using airlines, rental cars, and personal vehicle. Ability to drive rental cars and personal vehicle during both day and evening hours. Ability to perform independently without daily supervision. Must have personal vehicle, valid driver's license and minimum liability insurance in the state in which the car is registered to make contacts for Unity and travel on Unity business.
Work Environment: Possible home office, office environment, hotel and conference centers, donor private homes, restaurants, and church locations
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.