It’s easy to love your job when you’re surrounded by driven, passionate leaders. We show up every day and give it our all; not because we have to, but because we want to. Our associates work in an interactive, team-based environment, where all opinions are respected and individual efforts significantly contribute to the success of the company. We believe the confidence and fulfillment that comes from being valued and appreciated makes us even more successful at our construction jobs. We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business!
Assists with implementing the corporate-wide Quality Assurance/Quality Control program. Recommends and implements the quality programs and ensure compliance with all Company and customer quality requirements. Trains and mentors field associates. Promotes openness and enthusiasm for Quality throughout the company. Performs and coordinates root cause analysis on non-conforming work and monitors the correction.
Follows standard McCownGordon procedures and policies to accomplish the following:
QA/QC Plan and Policy Development
- Maintains and oversees QA/QC plans and testing plans conforming to contract requirements and Company best practices.
- Identify missed opportunities and develop corrective action plans to achieve quality standards.
- Assists with developing job-specific QA/QC programs.
- Reviews trade partner QA/QC programs.
- Establishes policies and procedures for QA/QC and reviews as necessary.
- Works with Virtual Design team to incorporate BIM into QA/QC processes.
- Identifies and attends applicable Pre-installation meetings, Progress Meetings and mock-ups.
- Monitors field work for compliance with job-specific and Company QA/QC programs and investigates conditions that are not in compliance. Leads warranty investigations relating to QA/QC.
- Represents the Company in project meetings regarding quality control with Owners, Trade Partners and Suppliers.
- Provides and maintains a system of organization that assures QA/QC documents are readily accessible and appropriately maintained.
- Oversees and issues non-conformance reports and provides corrective action to eliminate potential future non-conforming work.
- Conducts Regular walk-through observations of project sites to ensure compliance with contract documents, manufacturers’ instructions, and industry standards.
- Conducts warranty related investigations in support of operations and makes recommendations for corrective actions.
- Conduct field reviews and create assessment reports for assigned projects.
Training and Mentoring
- Assists with Quality Assurance training courses to educate associates through internal training programs and other appropriate channels.
- Assists and maintains Company procedures for Quality Assurance.
- Initiates regular proactive contact with current and past Trade Partners and Engineers to maintain strong relationships. Solicits feedback to improve service as it relates to QA/QC.
- Builds knowledge in professional associations to further develop industry expertise, contribute to the overall construction industry, promote the McCownGordon name, and build networks.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (requirements before going into job)
- 3 – 5 years industry experience and 1+ years of experience in building envelope and structural science, design and reviews preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Degree in Engineering or Architecture preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of construction processes, testing procedures, and writing, reporting and managing QA/QC policies, plans, and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes and standards, and their impact on project activities.
- Strong experience in 3D modeling, reading drawings, local building codes, practices and materials.
- Proficiency in computer applications, preferably Microsoft Office.
- Successful completion of OSHA 30 training
The position requires work in an office and project site environment.
Note: This job description reflects a summary of the job and does not prescribe or restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned. The job description is subject to change at any time.
McCownGordon Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.