We are seeking a full-time Licensed Social Worker for our Liver and Kidney Transplant departments.
This position supports the outpatient and inpatient community. You will provide professional social work services that utilize supportive counseling and clinical knowledge in assessing the needs of patients and families during illness, crisis intervention, and post discharge planning.
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Assesses the psychological, social, emotional, cultural and financial needs of patients and resulting treatment that impacts patients health and recovery
- Provides professional social work services that utilize supportive counseling and clinical knowledge in assessing the needs of patients and families during illness, crisis intervention and post discharge planning
- Collaborates with members of health care team in development of a transition plan and addresses needs in a timely manner
- Participates in program planning and development to meet the needs of customers within the health care system and community
- Accountable for initial assessment and resulting treatment of the psychological needs of the patient
- Works in a team atmosphere and will assist with mentoring, precepting and onboarding of new staff
- Outpatient experience preferred
Why Saint Luke’s?
- We value knowledge, experience, and expertise to improve patient outcomes and quality care.
- The opportunity to make an impact on the health system and the healthcare industry.
- Saint Luke’s offers competitive salaries and benefits packages to all eligible employees.
Applicable Experience:Less than 1 year
Licensed Masters Social Worker (KS) - Kansas Behavioral Science Regulatory Board, Licensed Masters Social Worker (MO) - Missouri Division of Professional Registration