The Folly Theater is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in the Downtown Kansas City Loop. The theater was built in 1900 by Louis Curtiss, and is the area's oldest historic theater. The Folly Theater presents three series each season, including the Folly Jazz Series, Cyprus Avenue Live with KCUR's Bill Shapiro, and the Folly Kids Series. The Folly Theater programming is made possible by ticket sales and generous donations from public, private, and individual intensities with an invested interest in the performing arts. Resident presenters include The Harriman-Jewell Series, The Friends of Chamber Music, the Heartland Men's Chorus, and the Kansas City Friends of Alvin Ailey.
- Kansas City's Oldest, Historic Theater
- Featuring Jazz, Orchestra, Recitals, Dance, Burlesque, Comedy, and much more
- Resident Presenters: Harriman-Jewell Series, The Heartland Men's Chorus, and The Friends of Chamber Music, & Ailey II
- Partnership with KCAI Graphic Design Students for the Folly Jazz Series Poster
- Folly Kids Series features stories from literature, Greek mythology, fairy tales, folk classics, and American history